Voter Registration Requirements:
• Must be 18 years old or older on or before the next election.
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Have lived in Montana and in the county in which you intend to vote for at least 30 days.
Voter Registration closes 30 days prior to an election.
Beginning with elections after July 1, 2006, individuals have the right to register and vote up to and including on Election Day at the country election office, if they miss the deadline to register to vote 30 days or more before the election. An elector who chooses this option must still have been a resident of Montana for at least 30 days before the election. A statewide voter database will ensure that individuals do not vote in multiple counties.
• State and County Primary: First Tuesday after the first Monday in June, even year.
• State and County General: First Tuesday after the first Monday in November, even years.
• City Primary: First Tuesday after the first Monday in September, odd years, if needed.
• City General: First Tuesday after the first Monday in November, odd years.
• School Election: First Tuesday after the first Monday in May, each year.
Polling Places in Petroleum County:
Petroleum County Courthouse
School Election Polling Places:
School District 1 – Winnett High School
City Elections Polling Places:
(Mail ballot election if requested) or if not City Wide – Petroleum County Courthouse